9-11 Memorial Museum
The somber events of 9-11 are among the most world-defining for a generation of Americans and people around the world. At New York’s 9-11 Memorial Museum, a large array of sophisticated printed materials and techniques is used to tell the story, display the timeline, illustrate the tragedy and explore the effects of the day’s events and its aftermath.
Moss is honored to be a part of this award-winning project. Our supplied solutions include:
– Direct print to 1” concrete constructed panels
– Abaco Beach wallcovering as a backdrop for direct prints to concrete panels; laminated c-prints wrapped to sign blank are spot-mounted to the concrete
– Direct print to ¼” solid blackened steel panels
– 25 ft x 10ft Abaco Beach wallcovering
– Wall quotes are stencil-painted on site using plotter cut paint masks, with Abaco Beach wallcovering and Lambda prints centered between quotes
– 2nd surface Lambda Duraflex on acrylic mounted to plate glass
– Voile Plus fabric banners
– “Timeline” numerals on black intersecting strip are printed on Duraflex with Vikuiti film mounted to face; as viewer walks by, the time disappears
AIGA, the professional association for design, recognized the 9-11 Memorial Museum as a winning project in the AIGA Cased 2015 competition. The competition honors design solutions that successfully demonstrate the value of design. Judges recognized the project for its interactivity, immersive experience, well-executed solutions and typography.
Do you like our products? If you would like to know more, we will be happy to call you and provide you with the information you need.