Full Time, Non-Exempt
Graphics Pre-Production Supervisor
Franklin Park, IL
Works Closely With:
Customer, Customer Success Managers and Graphics
The Graphics Lead is a role that facilitates the link between customer art assets, at various points of completion, and final production. Effective communication between both parties and ensuring customer objectives are met is critical to the success of this role. A critical eye must be used to evaluate process and identify opportunity for efficiency gains. The candidate must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite to adapt art to production requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Solid knowledge of file standards for large-format print production (bleed, marks, resolution, etc.)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team.
• An even temperament and ability to adapt in a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to multitask: prioritizing, maintaining professionalism and high quality of work.
• Practice self-discipline to budget time and meet deadlines managed via production schedule, based on estimated timelines provided to the sales team by the Graphics Lead.
• Excellent attention to detail; artistic ability a plus.
• Communicate with the client and Customer Success Manager clearly, professionally and efficiently to assess scope of each project.
• Read and understand brand guidelines, design intent, work orders, graphic layouts (GLO), cut sheets, CAD drawings and written instructions.
• Receive customer digital assets, collate against Moss work order, Preflight, format and manipulate art as needed to meet quality standards.
• Clearly identify and communicate file issues and recommend solutions.
• After collaboration with Technical Design and Patterning, create graphic layouts of the client art showing seam placement, overall sizes and color match information for client approval.
• Create print ready files for customer proofing and final production. Collaborate with Production departments to resolve file issues that leads to reduced rework and efficient production.
• Stewardship of both customer digital assets and printed production proofs; cataloging them to ensure color and quality consistency.
• Flexibility is required to meet client deadlines; some weekends and overtime is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience:
Minimum four years practical experience in large format graphic prepress, including Dye-sublimation, UV, and/or solvent print processes. Experience in high variability, low volume manufacturing environments. Must have experience solving people and technical problems effectively. Experience in reading and translating hand drawn and computer-generated shop drawings, plans, specifications. Experience in graphics, signage, or fixture production for exhibits, retail, or environments markets a plus.
Communication and Language Skills:
Strong written and verbal English communication skills required. Will be expected to draft Standard Operating Procedures in a thorough and professional format.
Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat. Knowledge of PDF and postscript files and PDF plug-ins.
General knowledge of utility programs such as ftp file transfer, file compression, disk repair, print spoolers, PC to Mac and Mac to PC conversion process.
Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word
*Ability and willingness to learn new software quickly a plus.
We are happy to give career changers the chance to prove themselves in our team!
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your application.