Final Review Team Supervisor
Full Time, Non-exempt, Hourly
Final Review Team
Final Review Team Manager
Works Closely With:
Production, Technical Design
No direct supervisor responsibilities however, this position leads a team of 4-5 people in achieving daily work.
Responsible for leading a team and performing final review quality inspection of high-end custom-made product. The primary focus of this position is to ensure that the fit and finish and packaging of the final product meets Moss quality expectations. He/she must efficiently and accurately assemble, disassemble and pack Moss product. Additionally, they perform quality control checks, participate in continuous improvement efforts, and work with fellow team members to ensure Moss product is quality reviewed and packed to exceed client expectations. He/she must possess a full understanding of the products and customer expectations to make sound decisions when performing hands-on quality inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the assigned team members to achieve the daily work required.
• Coach and be a role model for team members, ensure team is working efficiently and effectively.
• Efficiently and accurately assemble, quality check, disassemble, and pack Moss product.
• Interact professionally and efficiently with other departments.
• Read and understand all aspects of a work order, set-up instructions, and frame drawings, and graphic layout.
• Accurately record labor and materials to work orders using Moss operating system.
• Label bags/boxes adhering to Moss standard operational procedures.
• Accurately place holes in fabrics that require hanging or bolt to points.
• Spot clean graphics as needed before packaging.
• Review customer installation instructions for clarity and verify product labeling matches instructions.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
• Working efficiently and with strong attention to detail.
• Work and dress with integrity, good judgement, and professionalism.
• Confirm all labeling and packaging instructions are correct to ensure proper infield execution.
• Perform hands-on quality control in plant for final quality and scope inspection.
• Use critical thinking skills to identify potential product issues and escalate those issues immediately.
• Understand the unique customer expectations across markets including: Trade Show, Corporate Event, Corporate Environments, Stage Event, Retail Brands in-store, and others.
• Understand the customers experience when receiving and installing the product and ensure packaging and labeling provides the best customer experience.
• Evaluate client returned property as needed.
• Read and comprehend production schedule, work orders, tech drawings, client renderings, and written instructions
• Complete assignments on-time while maintaining high standards for quality
• Complete work while ensuring that appropriate documentation and follow-through is complete.
• Know location and use of all forms and tools used by the department.
• Listen, understand, and ask questions about verbal and written instructions.
• Promptly communicate problems, solutions, set-back, suggestions, and improvements to Supervisor.
• Follow production standards and comply with all personnel, departmental and safety policies
• Process rental and finished goods orders as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Strong experience using hand tools and reading tape measures. Carpentry or other mechanical experience a plus. This position requires great attention to detail. Exceptional organizational skills are required. Proven experience exceling in fast-paced, high demand, high end quality production and install environments.
Education and Knowledge:
High School Diploma or equivalent experience. Basic math skills are required. Strong aptitude for problem solving and critical thinking. Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing principles a plus.
Communication and Language Skills:
Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing in English. Ability to explain complex construction methods and why a certain construction method is desirable Responsible communication habits are critical to success in this role.
General knowledge of basic PC navigation required. Able and willing to learn additional computer systems used by Moss. Able to use a touch screen tablet and desktop computer.
Able to read scale blueprints, technical prints and architectural plans and lead installation and dismantle of complex exhibits is required. General math skills are required, including reading a tape measure, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and basic geometry, and use of scale ruler. Ability to accurately record and log time onsite using time logging tools.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Must be able to handle various levels of stress associated with tight customer deadlines and short lead times. Must be prepared to work overtime as needed to meet turnaround goals. Ability to repeatable lift up to 50 lbs. throughout work shift. Ability to handle kneeling and/or squatting for prolonged periods of time. Ability to work at a fast pace, under pressure from work demand, and handle multiple tasks during high periods of stress. Must be able to stand and sit for long periods; and be able to use computer and office tools. Must be able to see colors to perform graphic color checks.
Willingness to travel to supervise installations on-site preferred. Travel is expected to be less than 10% of time.
We are happy to give career changers the chance to prove themselves in our team!
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your application.