Job Title: IT Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time – 40h per week
Reports To: Director, I.T. / Managing Director
Last Updated: April 19, 2018
Works Closely With: USA I.T. Team, Managing Director, Software Consultants
Prepared By: Peter Bottenberg, Matt Browning
Job Title: IT Administrator
Moss Inc is one of the leading providers of digital large format printing in Germany and manufactures products for well-known companies throughout Europe. Moss Inc is also global company with offices in the USA and China, and as such has needs for a strong Information Technology team to bring those locations together with software and infrastructure. This individual will need to bring a collaborative attitude to the I.T. team, and also have the desire to replace repetitive low value actions with streamlined automated processes. The position will require the following capabilities responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with I.T. Director and software consultants to transfer system knowledge in-house
• Provide daily help-desk user support for the Lennestadt, Germany location
• Collaborate with global Moss I.T. team to unify email and other infrastructures
• Administration, maintenance and management of our client-server and telecommunications structure
• Implementation of changes to the system environment, including hardware, configuration as well as cooperation with external technology providers
• System analysis and optimization
• Documentation of the network, systems, and process landscape
• Administration of current ERP software system
• Track improvement requests and due dates
• Deliver “best effort” solutions that have a positive impact with internal and external customers
• Ensure data integrity, security, and backup
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience & Education: Prefer experience with Linux and Windows operating systems. Microsoft Office 365 and other cloud experience is beneficial. Knowledge of computer network topology and administration. Additional degree or certification in related field preferred. Both PC and Apple computer hardware troubleshooting and resolution required. Some experience with software development languages such as Java or VBscript a plus.
Project Planning: The I.T. Administrator will be responsible for documenting and tracking completion milestones within various improvement projects. Adherence to project timelines will be an important responsibility.
Research: This position will be best suited to an individual who is always seeking new knowledge and capabilities. As Moss expands to us more Cloud technologies, a certain amount of learning will be required.
Communication: As a Global I.T. department member, this individual will need to have excellent written and verbal English + German language capacity. This individual will also be required to build relationships with existing software + hardware consultants in the USA and Germany.
Physical Demands: Suitable for office work.
Safety Responsibilities: Office Environment Ergonomics, conformance to Moss standard safety programs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
MOSS INC OFFERS
• A collegial working atmosphere and cooperative cooperation in a globally operating company
• Interesting, varied and responsible tasks in one area of the printing industry
• Long-term cooperation with freedom to realize your own ideas
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to receive your documents.