Project Management Director
Exempt, Full-Time, Salary
Chief Operating Officer
On-site at Moss Headquarters. Not a remote position.
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, overtime required as needed
The Director of Project Management develops and implements the project management organization, methodologies, and tools. They oversee project management staff and implement standard operating procedures. Project Management oversight includes everything from customer communications to project planning and resourcing, to execution, monitoring, control, and completion. They set the standards for project management capabilities, including certifications and qualifications for Project Managers, success measurement criteria, policies, tools to be used, etc. This position will be hands-on working with project and business stakeholders to define & execute projects. Additionally, the Project Management Director serves as the project manager for high profile projects that represent significant business value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Project Management Governance:
• Establish the Project Manager role, operating model, and organization.
• Oversee assigned projects from final customer design approval through contract execution, production, packing, transportation, and invoicing. Keeping all departments touching the project advised of status.
• Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
• Have complete knowledge of scope of work including all outsource elements, inside manufacturing, revisions and deadlines.
• Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects on-time, within scope, and on budget.
• Communicate with customers and suppliers regarding the details of their project’s requirements.
• Create and own project management deliverables, e.g., customer facing timelines, estimate summaries, labor schedules, scope of work documents for outsource vendors, installation packets, etc.
• Facilitate estimate and schedule review meetings to align cost assumptions, production resources, and timelines.
• Manage the work order in Moss OS after the project is sold to include items details, due dates, change orders, shipping information, job documents, and revisions.
• Coordinate customer and supplier sign-off on all changes in scope before allowing scope changes to move forward.
• Ensure punch list items are handled with the least amount of cost and disruption to the customer or Moss.
• Understand Moss’s inhouse and out-sourced capabilities and know the step-by-step details required to deliver a successful project.
• Perform hands-on quality checks and packing of the product and oversee the installation of the project whether remotely or in-person.
• Some travel required as this position may require supervision onsite.
• Minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Project Manager, Program Manager or PMO Officer, with a proven track record of successful project delivery.
• Experience managing a team of 4 or more project managers with a leadership focus on team development.
• Minimum of three years project management experience in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred.
• PMP certification and bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Comprehensive project management experience in planning systems, scheduling techniques, process management, workflow, and team coordination.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking, decision making, and leadership abilities with a bias towards action and driving the project forward.
• Experience excelling in fast-paced, high demand, high quality environments.
• Extensive Microsoft Excel knowledge and financial acumen required to understand project budgets including cost breakdowns and actual to estimated project costs.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Willingness and capability to travel domestically and internationally for site installations.
• Contract negotiation experience or aptitude preferred.
• Proficient in project planning software such as MS Project, Liquid Planner, Smartsheet or other.
• Able to read scale blueprints, technical prints, creative decks, architectural plans and a basic knowledge of architectural millwork and graphics.
We are happy to give career changers the chance to prove themselves in our team!
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your application.