IT Project Manager
Full Time, Exempt
Vice President, IT
Works Closely With:
IT Department, Department Managers, Operations Managers, Graphics Automation Team
The IT Project Manager coordinates assigned IT projects through all phases and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately. They compile project status reports, coordinate project schedules, manage project meetings, and identify and resolve technical challenges. The IT Project Manager identifies and analyzes system requirements and collaborates to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables. They will coordinate project activities and ensure all project phases are documented appropriately.
The IT Project Manager creates project specifications that minimize risk and ensures timely delivery of high-quality technology solutions. The IT Project Manager is required to have the ability to both work directly on project tasks, including software interface design and business logic definition, and at the same time ensure the completion of project tasks by other team members.
They will support multiple IT projects within various functional areas with minimal supervision. They will collect and research specific client requirements for projects; identify and document functional requirements; gather workflow data and basic system specifications.
They will maintain a highly interactive relationship with internal customers and ensure that project results are comprehensible to Users, Managers and the Continuous Improvement Team. The IT Project Manager will be expected to multitask throughout the day and keep detailed records of project progress through cloud-based task management tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop project plans and coordinate projects for key IT projects such as: system integrations, bar-coding, software feature improvements, e-commerce, artwork processing automation, software migrations, and as directed by VP IT and Continuous Improvement Team.
• Collaborate with Artwork Automations Team to implement new solutions and methodologies.
• Independently complete project-related activities, and initiates project tasks. Coordinate project deliverables/issues with key stakeholders.
• Routinely completes complex assignments requiring independent action, and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues with consistency and accuracy.
• Produce technical, business and economic feasibility studies for project ideas. Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget.
• Manage internal and external project personnel responsible for implementation of project tasks.
• Facilitate regular project meetings, motivate staff, manage conflicting priorities.
• Monitor project progress; present and document interim and final results.
• Communicate effectively with executive and senior management, stakeholders, system users, and steering committees.
• Document project progress using cloud-based collaboration tools.
• Identify project milestones based on system requirements and resource availability.
• Train supervisors and managers for new systems and functionality use. Create system documentation and user training guides.
• Make certain that stakeholder’s needs are met as projects evolve.
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants.
• Use strong organizational and time management skills to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Effectively manage rapidly and frequently changing priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Three – five years of experience in IT management positions. Strong Project Management experience, technical hands-on IT knowledge. Experience initiating and driving process improvements. Demonstrated experience managing projects to budget; project budget adherence is an important factor in the success of this role. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within tight deadlines.
Education and Knowledge:
Competent in leadership, decision making, and problem solving. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Strong analytical, summarization, conceptualization, and prioritization of skills. Exceptional customer service orientation. Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Communication and Language Skills:
Strong interpersonal written and verbal English communication skills required. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management.
We are happy to give career changers the chance to prove themselves in our team!
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your application.